- Manufacturer of transport and infrastructure equipment for underground mining (main product: monorail/single-rail monorail system) and for tunnel construction sites
- Niche world market leader and technology leader: High market shares in all target markets,
34 % of the monorails installed worldwide are from SMT Scharf
- Main product group is rail-bound monorail systems; used primarily in underground coal and ore mines for transporting materials and personnel with payloads of up to 48 t and inclines of up to 35 degrees
- Strong position in emerging markets such as China, Russia and South Africa
- Stable business in the cyclical mining market due to 50 % service share of total sales
- Globally active specialist company with more than 75 years of experience
- Sustainable financing structure thanks to low debt and an equity ratio of over 60 %
- Strong medium-term growth potential (especially in a positive mining cycle)
- Localization strategy: competence expansion in target markets
With the Annual Report 2021, we have published a report on our ESG activities for the first time. This not only provides information on current environmental indicators at our German production site in Hamm, but also on the positive impact of our innovative products – both on the environment and on the working conditions and health of people in underground mining.
Our goal is to incorporate ESG criteria even more strongly into our existing growth and acquisition strategy in the future and to implement a long-term sustainability strategy.
|31.03.2022||Publication of the Annual Report 2021|
|12.05.2022||Publication of the 3-month report 2022|
|17.05.2022||Annual General Meeting|
|12.08.2022||Publication of the 6-month report 2022|
|14.11.2022||Publication of the 9-month report 2022|
Changes being reserved.