- NR drive units that provide the same tractive force regardless of the direction of travel
- ULISSES – an innovative, intrinsically safe control system that monitors the locomotive’s parameters
- optional driving modes with intelligent system support
- Operator identification system with customer-specific authorisation levels
- display of error messages in text format
- recording of operating parameters for easy diagnosis
- Simple and robust design
- Anti-slip systems to improve the traction of the friction wheels:
- Traction Control System TCS
- Pressure booster – friction pressure control of the drive wheels
- Single-rail rack-and-pinion combination drive system with automatic mode changeover
- Compact design
- 20 hours continuous operation (at average load)
- Locomotive configuration for different operating modes: personnel and material transport, shield removal units and shearer loaders
- Redundant electromagnetic valve system in the control circuits for braking and motor cut-off.
- Automatic fire protection system – also active in engine-off mode.
- Mechanical overspeed governor – also active in engine-off mode.
- Continuous methane measurement with two-stage detection system.
- Drive units located outside the power unit, allowing any configuration of the traction with optimal distribution of traction/braking force.
- Low exhaust, heat and noise emissions.
- Robust and ergonomic driver’s cabins.
- Lighting system with automatic light colour switching depending on the direction of travel.
- Additional headlights that increase visibility on the railway line.
|Number of drives*||2/3/4/5||units|
|Pulling force*||40 -120||kN|
|lnclination||up to 30||degrees|
|Max. length of locomotive*||9590 / 10670 / 11700 / 12830||mm|
|Width/Height from the bottom of the rail||800 / 1100||mm|
|External hydraulic oil supply parameters||180 / 60||bar / 1/min|